[comp.sys.mac] Need help with listserv@icsa.rice.edu

mcdonald@fornax.UUCP (Ken Mcdonald) (02/14/89)

Because my campus doesn't have general FTP access to off-campus
loactions, I am trying to use the automated mail server at Rice
to fetch files from the sumex Macintosh archives at Stanford.
However, I need help to resolve two problems:

	1)  I can't get the archive index.  I send the
	command ($MAC IND) recieve acknowledgement and
	a message saying the index will be sent to me,
	and then nothing.  I've tried three times over
	slightly more than a week.

	2)  I need to know what part of the directory path
	to give to the $MAC GET command, when requesting
	a file.

Thanks for the help.

Ken McDonald
{...!mcdonald@fornax.uucp}

{...

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (02/17/89)

In article <876@fornax.UUCP> mcdonald@fornax.UUCP (Ken Mcdonald) writes:
>Because my campus doesn't have general FTP access to off-campus
>loactions, I am trying to use the automated mail server at Rice
>to fetch files from the sumex Macintosh archives at Stanford.

A recent Info-Mac posting indicated that the mail server at Rice was having
major difficulties responding from requests from non-BITNET sites, and
requesting that you stop trying to use it until they get it fixed:

--
	Roger L. Long
	dhw68k!bytebug