[comp.sys.mac] does Zippy work on SEs?

mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Mike Khaw) (02/17/89)

I've got the speaker volume turned up, and MacInTalk in my System Folder.
Zippy just flashes briefly every now and then, but says nothing (same
behavior under Finder as under MultiFinder).  I have an SE with 2.5 Mb
RAM, 20 meg. internal Apple HD running System 6.0.2.  INITS and CDEVs
installed are:  Moire 2.22, GateKeeper, SFScrollInit, SFVolInit,
Rear Window, Pointing Device 1.2, Soundmaster 1.2(?), Suitcase II,
Saratoga Key, MacEnvy 1.0, Map, and MacroMaker.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike Khaw
--
internet: mkhaw@teknowledge.com
uucp:	  {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|ames|hplabs}!mkhaw%teknowledge.com

t-jacobs@wasatch.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) (02/18/89)

It doesn't work on my SE or my Mac2MegE either. Just flashes and goes away!

--
Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@ced.utah.edu

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (02/19/89)

In article <1145@wasatch.UUCP> t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) writes:
>It doesn't work on my SE or my Mac2MegE either. Just flashes and goes away!
>
>--
>Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@ced.utah.edu

Same with my Mac II under System 6.02. Has anyone been able to run it?

Edgar Knapp

(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)

ephraim@think.COM (Ephraim Vishniac) (02/19/89)

In article <4814@cs.utexas.edu> knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) writes:
>In article <1145@wasatch.UUCP> t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) writes:
>>It doesn't work on my SE or my Mac2MegE either. Just flashes and goes away!

>>Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@ced.utah.edu

>Same with my Mac II under System 6.02. Has anyone been able to run it?

>Edgar Knapp

I installed and ran Zippy on the Mac II in my office with no hitches.
That's an ordinary Mac II, 5 meg, system 6.0.2, Macintalk 1.31, Radius
TPD, Apple HD40SC, Vaccine, lots of other INITs.  Since there wasn't
any problem at all, I don't know what to suggest to folks who are
having trouble.

Ephraim Vishniac					  ephraim@think.com
Thinking Machines Corporation / 245 First Street / Cambridge, MA 02142-1214

	"Arlo Guthrie, it seems, has found what he was looking for:
		God, and the Macintosh." (Boston Globe)

ching@pepsi.amd.com (Mike Ching) (02/20/89)

In article <4814@cs.utexas.edu> knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) writes:
 >In article <1145@wasatch.UUCP> t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) writes:
 >>It doesn't work on my SE or my Mac2MegE either. Just flashes and goes away!
 >>
 >>--
 >>Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@ced.utah.edu
 >

 >Same with my Mac II under System 6.02. Has anyone been able to run it?
 >
 >Edgar Knapp
 >
 >(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)

Make sure you have Macintalk in your System Folder. The header says it was
removed from the distribution because it is copyrighted by Apple. Anybody
know why Apple won't let people distribute Macintalk?

mike ching

lienandj@caiman.cis.ohio-state.edu (kusuma lienandjaja) (02/20/89)

A lot of people asked about Zippy just flashes and goes away.

Try putting Zippy in the System Folder.