[comp.sys.mac] LSP 2.01 updater

strausd@romana.cs.orst.edu (Douglas E. Strauss) (02/21/89)

	I just tried to download the new LSP updater off of comp.binaries...
and it gives me a checksum error 3 times in a row.  Is there a problem
with the way it was uploaded?  Could I get a good copy of the code.

Thanks,
Doug Strauss
strausd@romana.cs.orst.edu

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (02/21/89)

In article <8966@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, strausd@romana.cs.orst.edu (Douglas E. Strauss) writes:

> 	I just tried to download the new LSP updater off of comp.binaries...
> and it gives me a checksum error 3 times in a row.  Is there a problem
> with the way it was uploaded?  Could I get a good copy of the code.

	the archived copy came directly from Rich (so did the one in comp.
	binaries.mac) - I did not check if the one that reached us here
	as news was uncorrupted.

	BTW, for those of you that have FTP-capability and are in need
	of something that floated by as news, recently:  many such items
	can be found on RASCAL in directory ~ftp/mac/BRANDNEW ....

	I wished some other sites would announce their archives also
	and share the load (yes, there are quite a few others) - if the
	load is shared by other sites, and if, especially, news-archives
	would be made accessable with FTP, we could cut down a lot on
	these articles "missing this" and "missing that" ...

	I know (and feel for) sites with UUCP-connections only who cannot
	FTP, but there is a solution for you also in that you could get
	an account with UUNET for mail and news and simply request from
	UUNET that, at least, recent (1-3 months) articles in the groups
	for binaries and sources be made available for Anonymous UUCP from
	there ...  expecting Bitnet or Arpanet sites to make files available
	via file-servers by mail simply cannot (and will not) be feasable !

	(not to speak of manual file-forwarding - though I know of many
	 heroes of the net who have and will spend many an hour helping
	 out in response to such requests, yours truely included)

   ok, with that said, here is what is available in mac/BRANDNEW on RASCAL:

werner on rascal <116> cd ../BRANDNEW
/usr2/ftp/mac/BRANDNEW
werner on rascal <117> l
DebuggerUs_Assistant_Demo_sit_bin       bison.tar.Z
DebuggerUs_Assistant_intro              flex.msg
KeyFinder_DA_intro                      flexbin_pit_bin
Key_Finder.bin                          imac-7.022
MacEnvy_1.0.sit.bin                     imac-7.023
MacEnvy_1.0_CDEV_intro                  imac-7.024
PosteRestante_2.01_INIT_intro           imac-7.025
PosteRestante_2.01_sit_bin              imac-7.026
ROT13_FKEY_intro                        imac-7.027
ROT13_FKEY_sit_bin                      imac-7.028
Repair_1.4_bin                          imac-7.029
Repair_1.4_intro                        imac-7.030
ResEdit_1.2b3_hqx                       imac-7.031
ResEdit_1.2b3_sit_bin                   imac-7.034
ScrollMBar.bin                          mac_yacc.pit.bin
ScrollMbar-INIT_intro                   mac_yacc_intro
ZTerm_0.7_intro                         tar_1.2_sit_bin
ZTerm_0.7_sit_bin                       tar_bin
bison.msg                               tech-notes@

--
--------------------> PREFERED-RETURN-ADDRESS-FOLLOWS <---------------------
(ARPA)	    werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu   (Internet: 128.83.144.1)