[comp.sys.mac] NEC PR-201 to Mac II question

fons@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (02/20/89)

	Greetings.  I have a Mac II (for about a year and a half now).  While
I purchased an ImageWriter II with the computer, I also have a NEC PR-201
serial line printer (centronics interface) that went with my Japanese computer,
the NEC PC-100.  The NEC PR-201 is a 24 pin printer (one of the most popular
models in Japan -- although there are many models of it now).  I was wondering
with the advent of conversion boxes by companies such as Orange Micro if there
was a way to hook up my PR-201 to my Mac.  It would be nice to use the 24 pin
printer if it were possible.  Does anyone know the list of supported printers
for the Grappler LQ?  As I have a printer manual listing the escape sequences
supported by the printer, if there were a table or somesuch that was necessary
to program, I imagine I could look up some of the printer codes also.
	Thanks for any info.
                                                        Paul Fons
                                        University of Illinois
                                        Coordinated Science Laboratory
                                        1101 W. Springfield Av.
                                        Urbana, Illinois 61801 U.S.A.
                              email:   Fons@uiucvmd.bitnet or...
                                        Fons@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu

svc@well.UUCP (Leonard Rosenthol) (02/23/89)

In article <20200022@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu>, fons@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

> 	Greetings.  I have a Mac II (for about a year and a half now).  While
> I purchased an ImageWriter II with the computer, I also have a NEC PR-201
> serial line printer (centronics interface) that went with my Japanese computer
> the NEC PC-100.  The NEC PR-201 is a 24 pin printer (one of the most popular
> models in Japan -- although there are many models of it now).  I was wondering
> with the advent of conversion boxes by companies such as Orange Micro if there
> was a way to hook up my PR-201 to my Mac.  It would be nice to use the 24 pin
> printer if it were possible.  Does anyone know the list of supported printers
> for the Grappler LQ?  As I have a printer manual listing the escape sequences
> supported by the printer, if there were a table or somesuch that was necessary
> to program, I imagine I could look up some of the printer codes also.
> 	Thanks for any info.

	According to the Grappler LQ box which I have next to me, it will work
with NEC P-Series (which I assume includes the PR-201) printers (and a WHOLE
lot of others...)

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
			 |  UUCP  : svc@well.UUCP
	     Silly Quote goes here