[comp.sys.mac] Jasmine HD question

cbumg@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Christoph Bumgardner) (02/22/89)

I have a quick question re: Jasminie hard drives.  I am considering
getting either an external 20 or 40 meg DirectDrive, and was hoping
someone could tell me if they have an external terminator, and an
external scsi ID setting switch?  Jasmine sales reps have not yet
returned my voice mail, so I hope someone can help me.
.
Alternatively, can anyone recommend a drive with an external terminator/
scsi ID switch?
.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris

    Internet: cbumg@csd4.milw.wisc.edu
    bitnet: cbumg%csd4.milw.wisc.edu@wismac3.bitnet
    uucp: {rutgers|uwvax}!uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!cbumg

pss@unh.UUCP (Paul S. Sawyer == paul) (02/24/89)

In article <1194@csd4.milw.wisc.edu>, cbumg@csd4.milw.wisc.edu
(Christoph Bumgardner) writes:

> I have a quick question re: Jasmine hard drives.  I am considering
> getting either an external 20 or 40 meg DirectDrive, and was hoping
> someone could tell me if they have an external terminator, and an
> external scsi ID setting switch?  Jasmine sales reps have not yet
> returned my voice mail, so I hope someone can help me.

The SCSI ID switch is on the back, very easy to change;  the terminator is
internal, but behind an access panel and readily removable.  I have put
several of these units into service, and I like them.  I would not get
smaller than the 45 Meg today.  (and maybe the 100 tomorrow??  B-)

Disclaimer:  Just a satisfied customer.

	Paul
--
Paul S. Sawyer              uunet!unh!unhtel!paul     paul@unhtel.UUCP