[comp.sys.mac] Public Domain Prolog for Macintosh

pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) (02/16/89)

Anybody out there knows of ANY public domain Prolog for the Macintosh?
I'm looking for something along the lines of XLISP.
Please reply via Email or by posting to comp.sys.mac.

Email ->   pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu

jft2@sol.gte.com (Jim Tremlett) (02/20/89)

In article <19781@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:

>Anybody out there knows of ANY public domain Prolog for the Macintosh?
>I'm looking for something along the lines of XLISP.
>Please reply via Email or by posting to comp.sys.mac.
>
>Email ->   pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu

I would also be interested.  So, a reply to the newsgroups might be in order.
Thanks.

Jim Tremlett                                   GTE Laboratories
Phone: (617)-466-2646                          40 Sylvan Road
UUCP:  ...!harvard!bunny!jft2                  Waltham, MA 02254
       jft2@gte.com

hsd@uvacs.cs.Virginia.EDU (Harry S. Delugach) (02/26/89)

If you have LightSpeed C for the Mac, it may be possible to get SB-Prolog
up and running. Unfortunately, it is tightly bound to UNIX. I tried for a
while to get it running on the Mac, but I stopped when I realized I needed
the debugger for which I didn't (then) have enough memory. I went ahead and
shelled out $300 for AAIS Prolog (a great product, by the way.)

SB-Prolog can be gotten via FTP from arizona.edu. It's a complete Prolog
system, including a compiler and debugger.

If anyone is interested in porting SB-Prolog to the Mac (not A/UX), I would
be happy to advise them (and use their results, of course!)
--
                              Harry S. Delugach
Dept. of Computer Science, Univ. of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22901  U.S.A.