[comp.sys.mac] The Beatles sue Apple; MIDI tools

nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (02/27/89)

In article <41a632d2.a590@mag.engin.umich.edu> billkatt@caen.engin.umich.edu (billkatt) writes:
>I'm fairly certain the agreement exists.  Remember when Apple made those
>Apple/Bose roommate speakers for the Apple IIGS?  They suddenly stopped making
>them soon after introduction.  They then became just Bose speakers, but still
>in Apple Platinum.  A reputable source told me the reason was that the
>agreement with the Beatles prhibited them from entering anything musically
>related.

Lots of people seem to find this sudden lawsuit thing amusing. Perhaps so.
But if it endangers Apple's announced MIDI Management Tools, then that'll
wipe the smile off my face, for one...

		Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcvax!ukc!lfcs!nick