[comp.sys.mac] QuicKeys problem

dp22+@andrew.cmu.edu (David Bruce Pinkus) (02/25/89)

Hi all..

    Before my question/problem, I just wanted to say that there are some
really smart people using this board, and I've learned a lot from just
reading some of the posts.  Thanks.

     Anyway, I'm using QuicKeys on my Mac+, and all of the options
work except the File option.  I can't select a key combination that will
open a file/start an application.  If I assign a key combination to a file,
and try to use the keys, I get an error.  Is it a problem with using a
plus?  Or a System 6.0.2 problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Dave Pinkus
Carnegie Mellon University
dp22+@andrew.cmu.edu (but it's probably easier to auto-reply)

hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (02/28/89)

In article <IY1Yiby00WB78OsnYd@andrew.cmu.edu> dp22+@andrew.cmu.edu (David Bruce Pinkus) writes:
>Hi all..
>
>    Before my question/problem, I just wanted to say that there are some
>really smart people using this board, and I've learned a lot from just
>reading some of the posts.  Thanks.
>
>     Anyway, I'm using QuicKeys on my Mac+, and all of the options
>work except the File option.  I can't select a key combination that will
>open a file/start an application.  If I assign a key combination to a file,
>and try to use the keys, I get an error.  Is it a problem with using a
>plus?  Or a System 6.0.2 problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks.
>
>Dave Pinkus
>Carnegie Mellon University
>dp22+@andrew.cmu.edu (but it's probably easier to auto-reply)

I had this same problem when I tried to use QK in combination
with the Desktop Manager.  I posted to the net but never got
a response, and since QK was the more important of the 2 to me, I
gave up on DM.

Are you perchance using DM?

Josh

Josh Hodas    (hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)