[comp.sys.mac] All My Manuals Got Destroyed! Help!!

DISPATCH@NCSUVM.BITNET (02/13/89)

Does anybody know how/where I can get replacement manuals for:

1) Microsoft WORD
2) Microsoft EXCEL

   I could probably write to the company, but are there any
   "cheaper" alternatives?

                          ------ Sanj

stuartb@microsoft.UUCP (Stuart Burden) (02/15/89)

In article <605DISPATCH@NCSUVM> DISPATCH@NCSUVM.BITNET writes:
   | Does anybody know how/where I can get replacement manuals for:
   | 1) Microsoft WORD
   | 2) Microsoft EXCEL
   | I could probably write to the company, but are there any
   | "cheaper" alternatives?

If you don't manage to find any "cheaper" means of getting replacement
manuals, you might try giving our custommer service department a call.

 (206) 882 8088

Explain the situation.  You didn't say how they were destroyed, but I'm
sure they are aware of many different means by which this may happen :-)
     "Rabid mutant teenage ninja mice must have carried them
      off in the night.. yeh, that's what happened.." :-) :-)
They treat each case individually.  It helps if you've sent in your
registration card previously.  I believe there is only a nominal
replacement fee.

   | ------ Sanj

Stu.

__Paths to my door:_______________________
microsoft!stuartb@beaver.cs.washington.edu  -   Usual disclaimer, that all
microsoft!stuartb@uw-beaver.arpa            -   the above is pure fantasy
microsoft!stuartb@uunet.UU.NET              -       and Microsoft only
[DE01HB]stuartb@DASNET#   {from AppleLink}  -    gave me the Mountain Dew
stuartb@microsoft.uucp    {well connected}  -      to dream it all in a
D2012 {@applelink.apple.com - shared acct}  -        caffeine haze :-)

tron@wpi.wpi.edu (Richard G Brewer) (02/16/89)

In article <605DISPATCH@NCSUVM> DISPATCH@NCSUVM.BITNET writes:
>Does anybody know how/where I can get replacement manuals for:
>
>1) Microsoft WORD
>2) Microsoft EXCEL
>
>   I could probably write to the company, but are there any
>   "cheaper" alternatives?
>
>                          ------ Sanj

Get a third party manual at your local bookstore - they're much better, and
cover the "special usage" features in depth and in plain english...

Richard G. Brewer

+----------------------------+--------------+--------------------------+
| Richard G. Brewer (TRON)   | Worcester    |       rbrewer@wpi.bitnet |
| WPI Box 149                | Polytechnic  |         tron@wpi.wpi.edu |
| 100 Institute Rd.          | Institute    +--------------------------+
| Worcester, Ma  01609-2280  +--------------+ "Power through better    |
| (508) 792-3231             | VaNdaLs Sack |  design and engineering" |
+----------------------------+--------------+--------------------------+

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (02/16/89)

In article <605DISPATCH@NCSUVM> DISPATCH@NCSUVM.BITNET writes:
<Does anybody know how/where I can get replacement manuals for:
<
<1) Microsoft WORD
<2) Microsoft EXCEL
<
<   I could probably write to the company, but are there any
<   "cheaper" alternatives?

I don't know how expensive they are from Microsoft, but I've found the
paperbacks on sale at most bookstores very informative. I turn to those
instead of the manual. For example: Word Companion (Cobb Group) and
Working with Word (Microsoft Press). These usually run about $20.

Shirley Kehr

briand@tekig4.LEN.TEK.COM (Brian Diehm) (02/28/89)

><Does anybody know how/where I can get replacement manuals for:
><
><1) Microsoft WORD
><2) Microsoft EXCEL
><
><   I could probably write to the company, but are there any
><   "cheaper" alternatives?

Actually, I have obtained replacements directly from Microsoft for $15. Not
at all bad, really. I DID need to be a registered user, though.
--
-Brian Diehm     (SDA - Standard Disclaimers Apply)
Tektronix, Inc.