[comp.sys.mac] Radius FPD/SE/Word/Iw-II

fortmiller@hpscad.dec.com (Ed Fortmiller) (02/24/89)

When printing on my IW-II from Word 3.01 when my Radius FPD goes into
its screen saver mode my IW-II prints some garbage lines.  Any ideas why?

SE, Word 3.01, System 6.0.2, Radius FPD 2.9SE

My Radius FPD is version 2.9SE and I recently saw another FPD that was
version 2.91SE.  Anyone know what the difference is between the 2.9 and
2.91 version?  Is there a upgrade available and how is it done and what
is the cost?

Work address:
Usenet:	 {apple,adobe,acornrc,allegra,amdcad,cae780,decvax,dual,hplabs,idi,
          ihnp4,imagen,ios,logitec,microsoft,mips,mordor,muscat,purdue,pyramid,
          qubix,sci,sgi,sequent,spar,sun,turtlevax,ucbvax}!
	 decwrl!hpscad.dec.com!fortmiller
ARPAnet: FORTMILLER%HPSCAD.DEC@decwrl.ARPA
EASYnet: HPSCAD::FORTMILLER
USPS:    Ed Fortmiller
	 Digital Equipment Corp.
         MRO1-3/T2; 200 Forest St.; Marlboro, MA 01752
Phone:   (508)467-4160

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (02/24/89)

In article <8902231435.AA08269@decwrl.dec.com> fortmiller@hpscad.dec.com (Ed Fortmiller) writes:
>My Radius FPD is version 2.9SE and I recently saw another FPD that was
>version 2.91SE.  Anyone know what the difference is between the 2.9 and

	I'm not sure what the difference is, or what could be causing the
problems, but the current version of the SE ROM set is 3.3, and the current
version of the display INIT is 3.0.

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

fortmiller@hpscad.dec.com (Ed Fortmiller) (02/25/89)

Yesterday I complained about the IW printing garbage when the Radius FPD
goes into screen saver mode.  Today I got a call from them saying that
they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.  Of course the
temporary fix is to turn the screen saver off or increase the time till
it goes into screen saver mode.

I'll have to give Radius a nice thank you for calling when I did not
even call them.

lsn@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Lars S. Nyland) (02/28/89)

In article <8902242021.AA04329@decwrl.dec.com> fortmiller@hpscad.dec.com (Ed Fortmiller) writes:

>I'll have to give Radius a nice thank you for calling when I did not
>even call them.

I am glad they called you.  They didn't call me, and I don't really care
if they do.  What I WOULD like is for Radius to post some information about
the delivery schedule of a new version of the init so that this discussion
becomes moot.

In some other article, someone writes:
> does the radius work without the init that they provide for the TPD?

Yes, it does work.  However, the menubar is small, since the size of the
pixels is smaller than normal.  It also means that you do not get tear-off
menus.