[comp.sys.mac] Prolog Search

roman@ibiza.Miami.Edu (Roman) (02/23/89)

Help!  I have been looking for a Prolog for the Mac and am having little
luck.  I have tried to call Advanced AL Systems (makers of AAIS Prolog)
and got a wrong number, and found no phone number for Chalcedony Software
(who makes Prolog/m).  Similar story for Optimized System's Personal Prolog.

Can anyone help?

I've also tried calling Apple....

Please reply to Roman%Mthvax@umigw.miami.edu or to
	      p6tvzk16%gables.span@umigw.miami.edu (if the first address fails).

NO MATTER WHAT THE HEADER SAYS:  REPLY TO roman%mthvax@umigw.miami.edu
Disclaimer:  The views expressed here may or may not reflect those of U.Miami
"The American mystery deepens...."  ---Don DeLillo

ke@otter.hpl.hp.com (Kave Eshghi) (02/24/89)

Try the Logic Programming Associates (LPA). They market a very good Prolog
for the mac (called MacProlog). They are a British Company, but they have
distributors in US. Unfortunately I do not have their address or telephone
number at hand, but I believe they advertise (or have advertised) in BYTE.
They also sell an expert system shell called Flex.

Good Luck

yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Ross Yahnke, MACC) (02/24/89)

In article <600008@otter.hpl.hp.com>, ke@otter.hpl.hp.com (Kave Eshghi) writes...

>Try the Logic Programming Associates (LPA). They market a very good Prolog
>for the mac (called MacProlog). They are a British Company, but they have
>distributors in US. Unfortunately I do not have their address or telephone

There are 2 Mac Prolog products briefly reviewed in the August 1988
issue of Computer Language. They are:
  ALS PROLOG (v1.0)-$349
  Applied Logic Systems, Inc.
  P.O. Box 90
  Syracuse, NY 13210
  (315) 471-3900

  LPA MacPROLOG 2.0 (v1.0) Wizard Edition-$450
  Logic Programming Associates Ltd.
  The Royal Victoria Patriotic Bldg., Studio 4
  Trinity Road, London SW18 3SX, England
  (01) 871-2016

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 Internet: yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu
   Bitnet: yahnke@wiscmacc(.bitnet)
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

pete@titan.titan.rice.edu (Pete Keleher) (02/25/89)

All of this commercial stuff is fine, but what about a port of SBProlog,
or another public domain implementation? Has anyone done this (and don't
tell me about the tiny prolog that is implemented in XLisp).

Pete Keleher										pete@titan.rice.edu

Rice University knows nuttin about what I say, or what I do ...

flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan) (03/01/89)

Keep trying for AAIS; LPA is older but seems to be inferior [I
haven't used either.]
From: flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan)
Portal,MacNet: FlashsMom