[comp.sys.mac] Outliners

flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan) (02/23/89)

>Something that might be cheaper is Idealiner, which was a Shareware
>product last time I looked, but Acta is great.

Give Idealiner a miss; it's neat, but not up to Acta for serious
outlining (we're talking a Ph.D. thesis, and everything I get paid
for).  If only Acta APPL had subscripts & double-spacing (my boss
judges the quality of my output by reading the last page #.
From: flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan)
Portal,MacNet: FlashsMom

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (03/03/89)

In article <854@sequent.cs.qmc.ac.uk> @nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk:flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan) writes:

>Give Idealiner a miss; it's neat, but not up to Acta for serious
>outlining (we're talking a Ph.D. thesis, and everything I get paid
>for).  If only Acta APPL had subscripts & double-spacing (my boss
>judges the quality of my output by reading the last page #.

	[Plug, plug]

	Symantec's new More II outliner offers superscript and subscript, and
variable line spacing. I use it for functional and design specs, and it's more
than equal to the task.

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305