[comp.sys.mac] Postscript files

sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) (02/28/89)

There have been a number of message lately about creating postscript files.
Now, I have a question - once you have the postscript file, how in the world
do you print it?

It seems like the main reason for creating postscript files is to be able
to print on a machine that doesn't have the application that created the
file. Is there some application that will take a postscript file and dump
it to the printer?

Jan Harrington, sysop
Scholastech Telecommunications
husc6!stech!sysop or allegra!stech!sysop

	Miscellaneous profundidity:
		"No matter where you go, there you are..."
			Buckaroo Banzai

relkins@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Rob Elkins) (03/01/89)

In article <927@stech.UUCP> sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) writes:
>There have been a number of message lately about creating postscript files.
>Now, I have a question - once you have the postscript file, how in the world
>do you print it?

Assuming that your postscript printer is connected to your mac, you need a
public domain program called SendPS (if there is sufficient demand, I'll
post it to the net).

Rob
--
ARPA: relkins@vax1.acs.udel.edu   BITNET: FFO04688@UDACSVM
UUCP: ...!uunet!vax1.acs.udel.edu!relkins

pollock@usfvax2.EDU (Wayne Pollock) (03/03/89)

Suppose I generate a PS file using cmd-F or cmd-K.  Will both
work correctly if I send them to the printer using sendPS?  I hate
to experiment since in case of error you can really mess up the printer
(ie overwrite the password), right?

Wayne Pollock (The MAD Scientist)	pollock@usfvax2.usf.edu
Usenet:		...!{uflorida, codas}!usfvax2!pollock
GEnie:		W.POLLOCK