[comp.sys.mac] Word -- Date in European format

GFX@PSUVM.BITNET (03/01/89)

I have set-up a "style sheet" in Word for my correspondence.  The date
is inserted in the header, as it should.  Works fine whenever I write
to an American.  However, most if not all other countries will write
the First of March 1989 as 01.03.89, rather than 03/01/89.  Is there
a straightforward fix?  Stephane

drew@cat46.CS.WISC.EDU (Shawn Drew) (03/04/89)

In article <73735GFX@PSUVM> GFX@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>I have set-up a "style sheet" in Word for my correspondence.  The date
>is inserted in the header, as it should.  Works fine whenever I write
>to an American.  However, most if not all other countries will write
>the First of March 1989 as 01.03.89, rather than 03/01/89.  Is there
>a straightforward fix?  Stephane

There is hope.  There is a cdev (control panel device) which will allow you
to change such things for the whole system (not just for Word).  You could
change the date format, write your letter, and then change it back.

The cdev is called Simon, written by someone in Australia I think, and
should be available via anonymous ftp to sumex.  If you are unable to get
ahold of it, I can try mailing it to you.

****** The opinions expressed in this article are my own ******
********** Except those who belong to other people  ***********
                    drew@cat46.cs.wisc.edu