[comp.sys.mac] AAIS Prolog

dave@emerald.PRC.Unisys.COM (David Lee Matuszek) (03/04/89)

In article <868@sequent.cs.qmc.ac.uk> @nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk:flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan) writes:
>Keep trying for AAIS; LPA is older but seems to be inferior [I
>haven't used either.]

Sorry to broadcast; I've misplaced the message from someone asking where
to get AAIS Prolog.

I got an upgrade offer from them (postmarked January 9) with the
following info:

Advanced A. I. Systems
P. O. Box 39-0360
Mountain View, California, 94039-0360
(415) 961-1121

My $.02: This is a great product.  You get immediate compilation in a
full debugging environment, so you get the speed of compiled code and
the ease of debugging interpreted code.  I got it for $150 when it
still fit in 1/2 Meg; the latest release (M-2.0) costs $298 and
requires 1 Meg.  AAIS uses Edinburgh syntax, and C-Prolog or Quintus
Prolog programs can be trivially ported to AAIS (I've done it).  It
has full toolbox support and access to foreign code.  Not copy
protected.  They recommend 2 800K drives, or an 800K drive and a hard
disk.  This is a solid, professional product.

[I have no connection with AAIS other than that of a satisfied user.]

-- Dave Matuszek (dave@prc.unisys.com)
-- Unisys Corp. / Paoli Research Center / PO Box 517 / Paoli PA  19301
-- Standard disclaimer:  Any resemblance between my opinions and those of my
   employer is strictly coincidental.