[comp.sys.mac] ZTerm 0.75: a quickie review

lauac@mead.qal.berkeley.edu (03/03/89)

The program is basically the samw as the one before it, the vt100
emulation is STILL bad, and there is still no way to change the
receive volume (a major point for those of us still on floppy systems).

However, the update includes a quite a few new features, many of which
are very useful: MacBinary transfers can now be crash-saved, for
instance.  I'm very satisfied with the program as a whole, and I just
hope the vt100 emulation and the receive-volume setting can be resolved.

--- Alex
UUCP: {att,backbones}!ucbvax!qal.berkeley.edu!lauac
INTERNET: lauac%qal.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

tempest@csuchico.EDU (Kenneth Lui) (03/04/89)

In article <21076@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> lauac@mead.qal.berkeley.edu () writes:
>The program is basically the samw as the one before it, the vt100
>emulation is STILL bad, and there is still no way to change the

The vt100 emulation isn't *that* bad. At least the auto line-feed can be
disabled now.

A really annoying feature has surfaced in 0.75. I'm currently using
MultiFinder 6.1a2. If I wish to auto-redial in the background and I have
ZTerm set aside, the windows would appear (although not quite; just their
boarders) on the desktop. Clicking inside those outlined windows will bring
ZTerm in the foreground, but their contents are not updated! In other
words, those windows are still in "see-through" mode. It appears that each
time the redial statistics are updated, the windows are redrawn,
interferring with MultiFinder's set-aside function.

Ken
tempest@csuchico.EDU