[comp.sys.mac] MacII simms vs LW II NTX simms

du4@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Ted Goldstein) (03/04/89)

Someone on the net recently pointed out that the SIMMS used in a
LaserWriter are different than those used in a Macintosh. I was
wondering if someone could clarify this for me. Does this mean the
Apple M0218 1MB upgrade (shows MacII on box) that just arrived with
my new LaserWriter II NTX can't be used at all in the LW II NTX ??

Ted Goldstein
Purdue University School of Technology
du4@mace.cc.purdue.edu

mike@Apple.COM (Michael Lee) (03/06/89)

In article <1909@mace.cc.purdue.edu> du4@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Ted Goldstein) writes:
>Someone on the net recently pointed out that the SIMMS used in a
>LaserWriter are different than those used in a Macintosh. I was
>wondering if someone could clarify this for me. Does this mean the
>Apple M0218 1MB upgrade (shows MacII on box) that just arrived with
>my new LaserWriter II NTX can't be used at all in the LW II NTX ??

The upgrade kit that you bought (M0218) is a 1MB memory upgrade for the
Mac SE30, Mac II, or Mac IIx.  It will not work in a LaserWriter.  In fact,
they will not fit in the LaserWriter.  the part number that you need is M6005,
which is a 1MB upgrade, or M6006, which is a 4MB upgrade kit.

Michael Lee
Technical Support Engineer
Charlotte,  NC