[comp.sys.mac] Beagle Bros., where are you?!

mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) (03/01/89)

Just ran across some of my old Beagle Bros programs from when I used
Apple ][s all the time (no, I wasn't cleaning my closet, just helping
someone print out a graphic on an Apple //e!).  It occurred to me that
I haven't heard anything AT ALL about this software company in years.

The Macintosh would seem to be the perfect arena for the Beagle Bros
team to have continued their programming magic, but, alas, no sign of
them there.  I haven't been paying THAT much attention to Apple ][
software lately, but they don't seem to be doing anything in that
market any more, either.

Has anyone any information on what happened to the company and its
key people, and perhaps what they're up to these days?

--
Mark H. Anbinder                                ** MHA@TCGould.tn.cornell.edu
NG33 MVR Hall, Media Services Dept.             ** THCY@CRNLVAX5.BITNET

millerje@handel.colostate.edu (jeffrey scott miller) (03/01/89)

I had seen Bert Kersey and company at Apple fest boston last year, and it
seems that he had sold the company to Mark Simonsen and Alan Bird (I
believe) who used to oown a company called the 'SOFTWARE TOUCH'.
They're still coming out with quality products, namely the TIMEOUT series
of Appleworks mods.

millerje@handel.colostate.edu.UUCP
(You can call me jeff)

demarco@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Vince Demarco) (03/01/89)

In article <7478@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>, mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) writes:
> Just ran across some of my old Beagle Bros programs from when I used
> Apple ][s all the time (no, I wasn't cleaning my closet, just helping
> someone print out a graphic on an Apple //e!).  It occurred to me that
> I haven't heard anything AT ALL about this software company in years.

	what? the beagle brothers are still going strong. ever hear of the
timeout series for appleworks? or macroworks or supermacros works.
They also will be selling Point to Point my Gary little soon.

> The Macintosh would seem to be the perfect arena for the Beagle Bros

	I hope that they never start producing Mac programs.  They
one of the best software compaines out there, and one of thje few that still
seriously produces software for the apple // series of computers.

Vince

reply to

demarco@CPSC.UCalgary.CA

david@jc3b21.UUCP (David Quarles) (03/02/89)

From article <7478@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>, by mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder):

		( some deleted ... )

> Has anyone any information on what happened to the company and its
> key people, and perhaps what they're up to these days?

They have terriffic (if not the best) Appleworks enhancement software
available today.  They still market Apple ][ software, too.

Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com (03/07/89)

Beagle Bros. are very much alive, but, sadly, they've been bitten by the
AppleWorks bug. They make some pretty good  AppleWorks enhancements, but
seem to have forsaken the real programmers out there. What  a pity.

They have their own Usenet-linked BBS these days at pro-beagle.cts.com
(linked through pnet01, I  think)

%%%%
 Geva