[comp.sys.mac] CricketGraph bug!

ben@ut-emx.UUCP (Benjamin Sloan) (02/19/89)

Several people I know have complained of CricketGraph 1.2 occasionally
(about 1 time in 20 or less) saving a graph in PICT form for no apparent
reason.  In so doing the original CG file is overwritten and lost forever.
This does not appear to be an Audi5000-inadvertently-hitting-the-gas type
problem; i.e. people are not accidently saving the file in PICT form, CG is
doing so on its own without warning.

Has anybody else documented this problem or have suggestions for a fix?

Thanks

Ben Sloan
ben@emx.utexas.edu

xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Xiaoxia Ye) (02/19/89)

In article <10610@ut-emx.UUCP> ben@ut-emx.UUCP (Benjamin Sloan) writes:
>Several people I know have complained of CricketGraph 1.2 occasionally
>(about 1 time in 20 or less) saving a graph in PICT form for no apparent
>reason.
> [......]

CricketGraph now has version 1.3.  I don't know whether it solves this
problem, but you may want to check it out.

Xiaoxia  Ye          INTERNET/BITNET/UUCP: xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Dartmouth College    For more info: finger xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

barry@hobbiton.prime.com (03/01/89)

When I called Cricket to complain about this problem, they told
me it was fixed in 1.3.  Now that I have 1.3, I haven't encountered
another instance of this problem (which is not to say that it is
really fixed ...).
------------------------------
Barry Wolman	<barry@primerd.prime.com>	[129.122.3.1]
Principal Technical Consultant
Prime Computer, Inc.
492 Old Connecticut Path
Framingham, MA 01701
508/626-1700, ext. 4187

ggiergiel@vmsa.cf.uci.edu (03/08/89)

In article <160700003@hobbiton>, barry@hobbiton.prime.com complains
about CricketGraph bugs. Well, he should be complaining to whoever
advised him to buy this piece of junk. Cricket Graph is the worst
piece of programming junk ever seen in Mac Domain. Do yourself a
favor and buy KaleidaGraph from Synergy software. It is an order
of magnitude faster,has an exellent HP calculator with full programming
capability and what is certainly most important it plots with full
resolution of output device.