[comp.sys.mac] what the fuck ? Over.

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (03/07/89)

(from news.groups)

In article <7459@polya.Stanford.EDU> lipa@polya.Stanford.EDU (William J. Lipa) writes:
>In article <4206@wiley.UUCP> david@wiley.UUCP (David Hull) writes:
>>I, too, wish that people wouldn't post for-sale items to comp.sys.mac.
>
>Me too. Most of the time when I read comp.sys.mac I am not interested in
>seeing endless streams of advertisements.
>
>However, I can see that these messages provide a valuable service to the
>buyers and sellers of used Mac-related products. It seems to me that a
>reasonable solution would be to create a new group for this purpose, called
>(for example) misc.forsale.mac.

Duh.

Did it ever occur to your pea sized monochrome minds that
misc.forsale might be a good place to advertise a computer
for sale, or that misc.wanted might be a nifty place to post
a request asking if anybody had a system they might want to sell.

And *of course* perpetuate the long standing USENET tradition
and post your articles to both at the same time.

>[Note followup to news.groups]

Note follow-up to hell.

--
              Memory parity error. Abort, retry or ignore ?
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

jyenr@ut-emx.UUCP (03/08/89)

In article <12993@gryphon.COM>, richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
> (from news.groups)
> Did it ever occur to your pea sized monochrome minds that
> misc.forsale might be a good place to advertise a computer
> for sale, or that misc.wanted might be a nifty place to post
> a request asking if anybody had a system they might want to sell.

  And did it occur to you that selling *Macintosh* computers and related
equipment on comp.sys.*mac* might be a good idea?  Advertise to your market,
you know?  Please, ease off on the flaming -- although 'pea-sized monochrome
minds' is something I hadn't seen before.

John Yen (jyenr@emx.cc.utexas.edu)