[comp.sys.mac] Tech Note #143

lentz@accuvax.nwu.edu (Rob Lentz) (03/09/89)

While glancing at some Tech Notes last night I found this puzzling entry,
Tech Note #143: Don't Call ADBReInit on the SE with System 4.1, which goes
on to explain how due to bug in the ROM version of the SE keyboard driver
a patch was installed in System 4.1, yet somehow when ADBReInit is called
the ROM version gets reloaded over the RAM patch and thus not to call
ADBReInit on an SE until this is fixed.  Well, we have had at least
three system revisions since then, is it now fixed or not?
(It might help if I knew what it was, but I do not...oh, well time to RTFM.)

						Robert Lentz
						lentz@accuvax.nwu.edu

"Increasing the slowness by having too many resources as well as too many
	types will encourage the user to file the program in a ground based
	circular storage facility."
		-Tech Note #203: Don't Abuse the Managers; No Free Database

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (03/10/89)

In article <10330144@accuvax.nwu.edu> lentz@accuvax.nwu.edu (Rob Lentz) writes:

>While glancing at some Tech Notes last night I found this puzzling entry,
>Tech Note #143: Don't Call ADBReInit on the SE with System 4.1, which goes
>on to explain how due to bug in the ROM version of the SE keyboard driver
>a patch was installed in System 4.1, yet somehow when ADBReInit is called
>the ROM version gets reloaded over the RAM patch and thus not to call
>ADBReInit on an SE until this is fixed.  Well, we have had at least
>three system revisions since then, is it now fixed or not?
>(It might help if I knew what it was, but I do not...oh, well time to RTFM.)

Actually, we would rather you NEVER call ADBReInit.  If you have some overriding
reason you want to call it, write to MacDTS and discuss it...

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_