[comp.sys.mac] Mac PostScript to Printserver40...

mmccann@hubcap.UUCP (Mike McCann) (03/10/89)

I am trying to print Mac generated PostScript files on our VAX/VMS
Cluster with a PrintServer40.  When I print the files, I get an MD not
recognized error and no printout.  DEC says I need to load the Mac
ProLog file onto the PrintServer40 and it will work but they have no
idea how to do that.  I called Apple tech. support and they didnt know
what I was talking about.  Adobe didnt know either.  Can anyone out
there help???????

Thanks for any help,

--
Mike McCann       (803) 656-3714   Internet = mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu
Poole Computer Center (Box P-21)       UUCP = gatech!hubcap!mmccann

mikey@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Mike Yang) (03/10/89)

In article <4730@hubcap.UUCP> mmccann@hubcap.UUCP (Mike McCann) writes:
>I am trying to print Mac generated PostScript files on our VAX/VMS
>Cluster with a PrintServer40.  When I print the files, I get an MD not
>recognized error and no printout.  DEC says I need to load the Mac
>ProLog file onto the PrintServer40 and it will work but they have no
>idea how to do that

The Mac prolog file is the file called LaserPrep in your system
folder.  However, it contains 68000 code for the Apple Laserwriter and
will not work as-is on the DEC LPS40.  Some modifications to the
header file are necessary.

I have modified headers for versions 65 and 68, with 68 being the
latest LaserPrep as supplied with System 6.0.2.  The Postscript
generated by the Mac is dependent on the Laserwriter version in your
system when it was created.  You need to send the appropriate header
file before sending your Mac generated Postscript.

I was going to make these publicly available on gatekeeper.dec.com,
but since they're copyrighted by Apple this probably isn't possible.
If you make a request, I'll email them to you.

Mike Yang					mikey@ernie.berkeley.edu
Thor says "hi"					mikey@decwrl.dec.com