[comp.sys.mac] Help needed with Cricket Draw 1.1

ameet@Portia.Stanford.EDU (Ameet Bhansali) (03/07/89)

I have been using Cricket Draw 1.1 for quite some time now.  I am
having a problem pasting objects into other applications (like MS Word,
for example).  I can copy and paste within Cricket Draw, but I just
cannot paste an object copied from Cricket Draw into another
application.  Any suggestions regarding this will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks.
Ameet Bhansali
(ameet@portia.stanford.edu)

swenson@isl.Stanford.EDU (Norman Swenson) (03/11/89)

In article <689@Portia.Stanford.EDU> ameet@Portia.Stanford.EDU (Ameet Bhansali) writes:

>I have been using Cricket Draw 1.1 for quite some time now.  I am
>having a problem pasting objects into other applications (like MS Word,
>for example).  I can copy and paste within Cricket Draw, but I just
>cannot paste an object copied from Cricket Draw into another
>application.  Any suggestions regarding this will be highly
>appreciated.

I have had trouble copying graphics (actually formulas as pictures)
FROM MS Word under Multifinder in the past.  I hit on a work-around
that works for me; you might give it a try.  Instead of copying
directly into Word, try copying from Cricket Draw, THEN open the
scrapbook and paste there.  Now copy from the scrapbook into Word.
The scrapbook must be closed before you do the initial copy in Cricket
Draw. If you want to do subsequent copies from Cricket Draw, close the
scrapbook before each one.  I think this has something to do with the
way multifinder handles the clipboard contents (anyone out there
know?).

I don't know if this will work in your case, but it enabled me to copy
graphics from Word to other programs.

Norm
swenson@isl

swerling@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ace Swerling) (03/13/89)

>In article <689@Portia.Stanford.EDU> ameet@Portia.Stanford.EDU (Ameet Bhansali) writes:
>>
>>I have been using Cricket Draw 1.1 for quite some time now.  I am
>>having a problem pasting objects into other applications (like MS Word,
>>for example).  I can copy and paste within Cricket Draw, but I just
>>cannot paste an object copied from Cricket Draw into another
>>application.  Any suggestions regarding this will be highly
>>appreciated.

I had this problem too.  So, I called up Cricket Software and they told me that
the problem was due to an incompatibility between Cricket Draw and the
QuickDraw output it needed to produce for ImageWriter and screen output.  They
also said that there were several releases with the version number 1.1.  When
I called they asked me for the creation date from the Get Info box from the
Finder.  You need to have a version that was created some time in December.
(I don't have the date off hand.)  If you call them up though, you should be
able to get them to send you the most recent version of 1.1 for free.  At least,
they did it for me.

-Ace