[comp.sys.mac] Mac II speed

markan@faron.UUCP (Mark Nowacki) (06/19/87)

	The speed of the Mac II (from the spec sheets and briefing we got
here the other day) is 15.7 mHz.

--

Mark Nowacki			 "Lovely to see you again, my friend!
uucp  ... linus!faron!markan	      Walk along with me to the next bend..."

mmccann@hubcap.UUCP (Mike McCann) (03/13/89)

I always thought that the MacII ran at 12MHz and that the MacIIx ran at
16MHz but here of late all the literature I have read on the Macs says
that the MacII runs at 16MHz.  What is the actual speed of the MacII???

Thanks,

--
Mike McCann       (803) 656-3714   Internet = mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu
Poole Computer Center (Box P-21)       UUCP = gatech!hubcap!mmccann

swerling@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ace Swerling) (03/13/89)

In article <4753@hubcap.UUCP> mmccann@hubcap.UUCP (Mike McCann) writes:
>I always thought that the MacII ran at 12MHz and that the MacIIx ran at
>16MHz but here of late all the literature I have read on the Macs says
>that the MacII runs at 16MHz.  What is the actual speed of the MacII???

The exact clock speed of the Mac II and IIx is 15.6672 MHz.  Good enough?

-Ace

tvsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Todd Vogelei) (03/17/89)

In article <4753@hubcap.UUCP> mmccann@hubcap.UUCP (Mike McCann) writes:
>I always thought that the MacII ran at 12MHz and that the MacIIx ran at
>16MHz but here of late all the literature I have read on the Macs says
>that the MacII runs at 16MHz.  What is the actual speed of the MacII???
>
>Thanks,
>
>--
>Mike McCann       (803) 656-3714   Internet = mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu
>Poole Computer Center (Box P-21)       UUCP = gatech!hubcap!mmccann
>Clemson University                   Bitnet = mmccann@clemson.bitnet
>Clemson, S.C. 29634-2803         DISCLAIMER = I speak only for myself.

While we're at it.  What are the differences between the II, IIx, and IIcx?
Can a II be upgraded to IIcx or faster for a reasonable rate.  As far as I
know, the only differences are: 68020 vs 68030, PMMU (II has it, IIx/cx use
the 030), 68881 vs 68882.  Does everything all run at 16Mhz?  Can the
thing be souped up to run at 30?  I've got a II and want to guarantee
compatibility for a long time.  If I can't upgrade to equal or better
to the IIcx, I'm gonna trade.  Icould use the portability anyway.  Also,
I really need the speed (iterative techniques to problem solving being what
they are).  Is there a way to just replace the processors on the II mother
board or are we talking board swap?  I'm thinking if I act fast I can
do about an even swap for the IIcx if I get a good price on my II.

Todd Vogelei