[comp.sys.mac] Need MPW & Assembler at a bargain but QUICK!

0rrodrig@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Russ Rodriguez) (03/17/89)

	I'm in need of MPW & Assembler for the Mac II with 2 mb of
main memory.  Does anyone out there have this for less than the
APDA price of $275 ? ($100 for MPW v.3.0, $75 for SADE, $100 for asm).

	Please let me know, since I'd like it this semester if possible.

Thanks!

Russell Rodriguez
Disclaimer:   The opinions of Russ Rodriguez are his own and couldn't possibly
    reflect those of Teknowledge, Inc., of Palo Alto, California
internet:  0rrodrig@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
usenet:	   {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|uw-beaver}!0rrodrig%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
home:	   2420 Slater Street, Santa Rosa, CA., 95404-2143 Phone: 707-571-8172

bob@accuvax.nwu.edu (Bob Hablutzel) (03/17/89)

> 	I'm in need of MPW & Assembler for the Mac II with 2 mb of
> main memory.  Does anyone out there have this for less than the
> APDA price of $275 ? ($100 for MPW v.3.0, $75 for SADE, $100 for asm).

> 	Please let me know, since I'd like it this semester if possible.

The trick I used was to order TML Pascal II, which comes with MPW. At the time,
I was working for a university, and got it at an educational price of something
like $75. While this is only $25 less than MPW alone, I did also get a nice
Pascal compiler.

Also, IMHO, if you're doing assembler work, and are on a tight budget, skip
SADE and get MacsBug or TMON instead. I've used both with the assembler for
a couple years now. Since you are already writting in assembler, the need for
symbolic debuggers decreases.

Bob Hablutzel	Wildwood Software	BOB@NUACC.ACNS.NWU.EDU

----------

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (03/18/89)

In article <10330151@accuvax.nwu.edu> bob@accuvax.nwu.edu (Bob Hablutzel) writes:
|> 	I'm in need of MPW & Assembler for the Mac II with 2 mb of
|> main memory.  Does anyone out there have this for less than the
|> APDA price of $275 ? ($100 for MPW v.3.0, $75 for SADE, $100 for asm).

|The trick I used was to order TML Pascal II, which comes with MPW. At the time,

But it does NOT come with the assembler!  It's a good way to get
MPW and Pascal, or just the shell, but if what you need is assembler
you'll still have to shell out $100.

MacConnection raised the price for $79 to something around $125 with
V.3.0. (I think list is around $195.)

	/JBL
=
UUCP:     {backbone}!bbn!levin		POTS: (617) 873-3463
INTERNET: levin@bbn.com