[comp.sys.mac] MIDI Programming on the Mac...

jnh@ece-csc.UUCP (Joseph Nathan Hall) (11/30/88)

Where can I get information on how to use the Apple MIDI Interface?  I've
got LSP, LSC, an SE, and one of the aforementioned Apple boxes (and Inside
Mac I-V).  So, um, what do I do?

--
v   v sssss|| joseph hall                      || 201-1D Hampton Lee Court
 v v s   s || jnh@ece-csc.ncsu.edu (Internet)  || Cary, NC  27511

nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (11/30/88)

In article <3845@ece-csc.UUCP> jnh@ece-csc.UUCP (Joseph Nathan Hall) writes:
>Where can I get information on how to use the Apple MIDI Interface?  I've
>got LSP, LSC, an SE, and one of the aforementioned Apple boxes (and Inside
>Mac I-V).  So, um, what do I do?

What you do is get hold of some library code which drives the serial ports
in the correct way. There's no (to my knowledge) way of doing this using
the serial drivers or anything like this. MIDI programs just set up
interrupt routines and have their own dirty way with the hardware.
   I have some basic MIDI byte I/O routines which somebody sent me (they
were written in assembler, but I just converted the .REL file for use in
LSC). I've built some higher-level MIDI merging and message parsing code on
top of these.
   Anybody interested in them? (I'll give out sources as well, if you want.)

		Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcvax!ukc!lfcs!nick

>--
>v   v sssss|| joseph hall                      || 201-1D Hampton Lee Court
> v v s   s || jnh@ece-csc.ncsu.edu (Internet)  || Cary, NC  27511
>  v   sss  || the opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my
>-----------|| employer, north carolina state university . . . . . . . . . . .

tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) (01/08/89)

I'd like a copy too (& sources!).  :-)

-Ted

jnh@ece-csc.UUCP (Joseph Nathan Hall) (03/19/89)

(Re my request for how-to-MIDI information...)

In article <1113@etive.ed.ac.uk> nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) writes:
    I have some basic MIDI byte I/O routines which somebody sent me (they
 were written in assembler, but I just converted the .REL file for use in
 LSC). I've built some higher-level MIDI merging and message parsing code on
 top of these.
    Anybody interested in them? (I'll give out sources as well, if you want.)

I want, I want!  Sure, send 'em to me.