[comp.sys.mac] MAC SE prices

jay@utastro.UUCP (Jay Boisseau) (01/31/89)

Does anyone out there know if Apple is going to lower the price of the SE
now that they have released the SE/030 (SEx?)? The university price for a
SE/030 is roughly $3000, but the SE price here is still rougghly $2200-2300.
I kinda hoped it would drop a little, since $700-800 is a small differnce
to pay for a faster hard disk drive that has twice the capacity (40Mb), a
floppy drive that also has twice the capacity (and reads IBM and Apple II
disks), and, most importantly, a 16Mhz 68030 AND a 68882 coprocessor instead
of the itty-bitty 7-8 Mhz 68000.

Jay  (jay@astro.as.utexas.edu)

longstaf@lll-lcc.llnl.gov (Thomas A Longstaff) (02/01/89)

In article <3578@utastro.UUCP> jay@utastro.UUCP (Jay Boisseau) writes:
>Does anyone out there know if Apple is going to lower the price of the SE
>now that they have released the SE/030 (SEx?)? The university price for a
>SE/030 is roughly $3000, but the SE price here is still rougghly $2200-2300.

At UC Davis, the price dropped a little, from about $2200 to $2079.
Could be that there's a little lag time in resetting the prices at
some universities.  I figure that I'd better go ahead and grab an SE
before Apple pulls another price increase.

	Tom Longstaff
	longstaf@lll-lcc.llnl.gov
	{lll-crg,harvard,sun,dual,rutgers,seismo,ihnp4}!lll-lcc!longstaf
	Lawrence Livermore Natl Lab
	L-542, Box 808
	Livermore, CA 94550
	415-423-4416

prassler@ai.toronto.edu (Erwin Alex Prassler) (03/22/89)

Hi folks,
I would like to sweaten my life by buying a Mac SE 20MB, a
printer and a modem. However, I am not only a novice in this
newsgroup but also in North America (I arrived from Europe a
few days ago) and, of course, I have no idea where to make a
good deal. So, I would appreciate any piece of information
about reasonable prices and places where I can buy that stuff.
                    Thanks in advance.
                         Erwin (e-mail: prassler@ai.toronto.edu)