[comp.sys.mac] 4 MB SiMMS => SE/30

David_Greg_Herlihy@cup.portal.com (03/29/89)

Does any one have experience in installing 4 x 1MB SiMMs in an
SE/30? I installed them into a Mac SE, now I want to take them
out and put them in an SE/30 (they are 120ns chips).

What I really need to know is if there are any jumper cables or
(gasp) resistors to clip, and if so, how to do it for what will
be (if all goes well) a 5MB SE/30.

Thanks,
Greg Herlihy

sun!portal!cup.portal.com!David_Greg_Herlihy

dwb@sticks.apple.com (David W. Berry) (03/30/89)

In article <16364@cup.portal.com> David_Greg_Herlihy@cup.portal.com writes:
>What I really need to know is if there are any jumper cables or
>(gasp) resistors to clip, and if so, how to do it for what will
>be (if all goes well) a 5MB SE/30.
	For memory sizing and installation purposes consider the SE/30
a Mac II, in other words, plug the memory in (largest in bank 0) and
turn it on.
Opinions:  MINE, ALL MINE! (greedy evil chuckle)

David W. Berry		(A/UX Toolbox Engineer)
dwb@apple.com		973-5168@408.MaBell		AppleLink: berry1