[comp.sys.mac] SE -> SEx upgrade??

pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) (03/29/89)

Does anybody out there know if the upgrade to convert a SE to SEx is
available?  Also, is it offered under Apple's Educational Discount?
--
Pablo Fernicola			pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu
Machine Intelligence Laboratory

FTWILSON@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Frederick Todd Wilson) (03/30/89)

In article <19967@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) writes:

>Does anybody out there know if the upgrade to convert a SE to SEx is
>available?  Also, is it offered under Apple's Educational Discount?
>--
>Pablo Fernicola                 pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu
>Machine Intelligence Laboratory
>University of Florida
>Disclaimer: The above opinions belong only to me.

Briefly, the answers are yes, and yes. The basic upgrade includes the
SE/30 motherboard, but no SuperDrive (available separately). A credit
is issued to the purchaser when he/she returns the SE motherboard.

             Todd.

Disclaimer: My opinions only, not those of Princeton University or
Apple Computer, Inc.

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (03/31/89)

In article <38069@think.UUCP> ephraim@think.com (Ephraim Vishniac) writes:
>In article <19967@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) writes:
>>Does anybody out there know if the upgrade to convert a SE to SEx is
>>available?
>
>It's on the latest price list as retailing for $1699.  That's MSRP, of
>course.  Title and taxes are extra.  Your mileage may vary.

That's for the CPU board.  It's another $700 to upgrade to the SEx
SuperDrive.  However, if I were you, I'd skip this and just get the CPU
board upgrade; I really get very little use out of the SEx's SuperDrive
capabilities.

                           "My wife and children are liabilites, and I haven't
                            sold them, have I?"
                                           -- Ted Turner
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, hplsla, thebes, microsoft}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...