[comp.sys.mac] SuperSpool problem under Finder

carter@PORTIA.STANFORD.EDU (Thomas J. Carter) (03/29/89)

I've been having a problem with SuperSpool v.5 on my Mac II
(2Megs, system 6.02) since I bought it and I can't figure out
why.  Unfortunately after playing phone tag with SuperMac's
tech support for over a week, they weren't able to help.

The basic problem is whenever I try to print somthing and I'm
NOT running under MultiFinder, the Mac crashes (ID=12).  This
only happens in the Finder, never under MultiFinder.  I've
removed every INIT I have, but it still crashes.  I'm really
confused by the fact that if I run off a clean floppy (copied
from the master system disc) under the Finder, it works.  What
could be causing this?  The only modifications to my system
that I've made are additional snd's.  Any suggestions at all
will be grately appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Tom Carter                  BITNET: carter@portia.stanford.edu
"I tawt I taw a puddy tat"

stores@unix.SRI.COM (Susan Cole) (03/30/89)

In article <8903281829.AA22560@Portia.stanford.edu> carter@PORTIA.STANFORD.EDU (Thomas J. Carter) writes:

>I've been having a problem with SuperSpool v.5 on my Mac II
>(2Megs, system 6.02) since I bought it and I can't figure out
>why.  Unfortunately after playing phone tag with SuperMac's
>tech support for over a week, they weren't able to help.

That doesn't surprise me I've been tring to get an old
DataSream fixed for months now.

>The basic problem is whenever I try to print somthing and I'm
>NOT running under MultiFinder, the Mac crashes (ID=12).  This
>only happens in the Finder, never under MultiFinder.  I've
>removed every INIT I have, but it still crashes.  I'm really
>confused by the fact that if I run off a clean floppy (copied
>from the master system disc) under the Finder, it works.  What
>could be causing this?  The only modifications to my system
>that I've made are additional snd's.  Any suggestions at all
>will be grately appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>

>Tom Carter                  BITNET: carter@portia.stanford.edu

Tom how much disk space do you have.
How many times have you crashed.
Have you reinstalled you system since the crash(es).
what applications were you printing from.

Id 12 say uninplemented routine. Maybe your system
is damaged. Can you print without SS.

Matthew Mora
SRI International                            stores@SRI.COM

Fabian@cup.portal.com (Fabian Fabe Ramirez) (03/31/89)

Tom,

When did you try calling?  For the past couple of weeks, Tech Support has been
literally waiting around for phone calls.  Do you remember who you spoke to?

If you can get SuperSpool 5.0 to work from a "clean" floppy, then what's so
unusual about your System Folder on your Mac II's hard disk?  Have you tried
re-installing a "fresh, clean" new System 6.0.2 and replacing all files
associated with SuperSpool 5.0?

E-mail if appropriate.

Fabian Ramirez
SuperMac Technology