[comp.sys.mac] Possible problem with Virus Detective search string?

jalden@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Joshua M. Alden) (03/29/89)

    Hello.  Recently I had occasion to run Virus Detective 2.1.1 on a
test disk of mine, the system of which I know to be infected with
Scores.  Virus Detective failed to detect the infection.  Disinfectant
1.0 and Interferon 3.1 both detected it.

    I looked at the search strings for Virus Detective and found this
line:

Code JStart 7026 - For finding Scores in Applications.

    This was the only line that mentioned Scores at all.

    Does this mean that VD 2.1.1 will not detect Scores in System files?
If that is the case, what search string should I add in order to do so?
If that's not the case, then does anyone have any idea what's wrong?
I'm reasonably certain that the copy of VD 2.1.1 that I have isn't
corrupted, and I know that it works to detect nVIR.

    Thanks in advance.

                                          -Josh Alden
                                            Joshua.Alden@dartmouth.edu

macman@ethz.UUCP (Danny Schwendener) (03/31/89)

In article <12792@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> jalden@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Joshua M. Alden) writes:

>Code JStart 7026 - For finding Scores in Applications.
>    This was the only line that mentioned Scores at all.
>
>    Does this mean that VD 2.1.1 will not detect Scores in System files?
>If that is the case, what search string should I add in order to do so?

Try DATA Dual -4001 7026 - For finding Scores in System files

-- Danny Schwendener
   ETH Macintosh Support