[comp.sys.mac] Problem with mac draft

beaua@hfserver.hfnet.bt.co.uk (Anthony Beaumont) (03/30/89)

Can anyone out there solve this problem for me

I am running a CAD package called MacDraft on a macintosh SE with 1MB
of memory (+20MB hard disk) and using FINDER.  Everything on the
machine works perfectly except for the 'FILL' command in MacDraft.

PROBLEM:
When I choose FILL from the menu, MacDraft refuses to change the fill pattern
from the default transparent fill.  If for example I choose a solid black
filling and draw a square, the square is transparent.

1. My master master copy of MacDraft will work perfectly on another macSE (ie
same copy of MACDraft, different machine, NO Problem)

2. another master copy of MacDraft will not work on MY macSE but works
perfectly on another macSE (ie Different copy of MAcDraft, Same machine, Same
Problem)

3.  The problem still occurs if I boot up from the floppy containing the
master copy of MacDraft (ie using the system folder supplied with macdraft)

Anyone had the same problem? Anyone have any solutions?

Tony Beaumont  :: British Telecom Research Laboratories,
									Martlesham Heath,
                  Ipswich,
                  England.
                  email :: beaua@uk.co.bt.hfnet  (JANET)

lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) (04/01/89)

In article <467@hfserver.hfnet.bt.co.uk> beaua@hfserver.hfnet.bt.co.uk (Anthony Beaumont) writes:
>[...]
>PROBLEM:
>When I choose FILL from the menu, MacDraft refuses to change the fill pattern
>from the default transparent fill.  If for example I choose a solid black
>filling and draw a square, the square is transparent.
>[...]

Is the current fill pattern not changing or is the drawing not using the
current fill pattern?  When you choose a new fill pattern from the menu,
the small square above the arrow tool and on the left should change to
the fill you select.  Does it do this?

If not, I have a wild guess.  If you hold down the option key while you choose
a fill pattern from the menu, MacDraft uses that pattern as a pen pattern.
The pen pattern is used to draw the lines.  If you choose solid black, you'd
never know the difference.  If you choose some other pattern, the lines you
draw will probably look kind of dashed.  Is it possible that you have some
INIT that is holding the option key down during menu selections?  Or could
your option key be stuck?  (Unlikely, since everything you type would look
strange.)  Obviously, it is something specific to your configuration.  Could
you give me more information?

Undisclaimer: I used to work for IDD but that makes no difference in this case.

+++
Lloyd Lim     Internet: lim@iris.ucdavis.edu
              Compuserve: 72647,660
              US Mail: 146 Lysle Leach Hall, U.C. Davis, Davis, CA 95616