[comp.sys.mac] How to post to sumex, c.b.m.

lauac@mead.qal.berkeley.edu (Alexander Lau) (03/30/89)

I have the latest version of ResEdit (1.3d1) and the latest
version of the Leprechaun demo (2.5.6), and I would like to
send either or both of them to comp.binaries.mac and sumex.

I know the addresses now, so that isn't the problem.  What
the problem is, is that now that I have these >250Kb files
in my directory, how do I chop them up into little pieces
so that my mailer will accept them?

Replies through e-mail, please, and no requests for
individual mailings until I get this straightened out.

--- Alex
UUCP: {att,backbones}!ucbvax!qal.berkeley.edu!lauac
INTERNET: lauac%qal.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

lauac@mead.qal.berkeley.edu (Alexander Lau) (03/30/89)

OK, I've been told that the UN*X "split" command will do what I
want it to do.  However, I downloaded the file with only Carriage
Returns, no line feeds, so the number of lines is off.  Is there
any way I can add line feeds in UN*X?

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (04/02/89)

In article <22318@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> Alexander Lau writes:
>I have the latest version of ResEdit (1.3d1) and the latest
>version of the Leprechaun demo (2.5.6), and I would like to
>send either or both of them to comp.binaries.mac and sumex.

Don't bother posting ResEdit to comp.binaries.mac, because I won't post
any Apple copyrighted software without a specific say-so from Apple.

Sorry.
--
	Roger L. Long
	(comp.binaries.mac moderator)