[comp.sys.mac] Apple price reductions

mithomas@bsu-cs.UUCP (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (04/04/89)

Yeah!  My supervisor today informed me that, effective April 1, 1989, the
prices of the Mac Plus, SE, and SE HD20 would be lowered by 12-18%.  Since
he rarely jokes around, I would assume that this is not an April Fool's joke
(if it is, it is in very poor taste :-) ).

Hopefully this will satisfy those who want lower prices.  But I know better:
you give an inch, they expect a mile (paraphrased from some famous writer).

-Michael

--
Michael Niehaus        UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mithomas
Apple Student Rep      ARPA:  mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu

gaynor@bass.cis.ohio-state.edu (james e gaynor) (04/04/89)

In article <6490@bsu-cs.UUCP> mithomas@bsu-cs.UUCP (Michael Thomas Niehaus) writes:
>Yeah!  My supervisor today informed me that, effective April 1, 1989, the
>prices of the Mac Plus, SE, and SE HD20 would be lowered by 12-18%.  Since
>he rarely jokes around, I would assume that this is not an April Fool's joke
>(if it is, it is in very poor taste :-) ).

	It makes sense that it be for real.  Apple's "Apple pays half" rebate
program ended the 31st, and they've almost always got either a price
reduction or a gimmick or a new machine out.  Sometimes more than one.

-=-
|  Jim Gaynor..."The Vampire Lestat"      UseNet: gaynor@cis.ohio-state.edu  |
| The Ohio State University - Dept. of Philosophy, Dept. of Computer Science |