[comp.sys.mac] ResEdit Incompatible with '030 Macs

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (03/31/89)

Has anyone else noticed that ResEdit (1.2b3) will not play 'snd ' resources
on an '030 Mac?  I've tried it on an SE/30 and a IIx.  Suitcase II will play
sounds, so it must be ResEdit.  Is there a new version or a patch that will
fix this?

Fred Hollander
Computer Science Center
Texas Instruments, Inc.
hollander@ti.com

The above statements are my own and not representative of Texas Instruments.

pj@pnet51.cts.com (Paul Jacoby) (04/03/89)

Fred, ResEdit 1.2b3 has been unable to play 'snd 's on ANY machine for it's
entire lifespan.  Haven't heard anyone who said it does work.
 Note that ResEdit 1.3d1 has been spotted locally--appears to enable the sound
playing abilities, as well as add some new pickers.  Interesting...

.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| UUCP: {rosevax, crash, orator}!orbit!pnet51!pj |  "Ah!  I see you have the  |
| ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!pj@nosc.mil           |   machine that goes        |
| INET: pj@pnet51.cts.com                        |   'BING!'"                 |

bob@accuvax.nwu.edu (Bob Hablutzel) (04/03/89)

> Fred, ResEdit 1.2b3 has been unable to play 'snd 's on ANY machine for it's
> entire lifespan.  Haven't heard anyone who said it does work.
>  Note that ResEdit 1.3d1 has been spotted locally--appears to enable the sound
> playing abilities, as well as add some new pickers.  Interesting...

I must have imagined it working on my Mac II. That's OK. I have to imagine
I have an "8" key, also...

Bob Hablutzel	Wildwood Software	BOB@NUACC.ACNS.NWU.EDU
Disclaimer:	I'll probably have the cats fixed before the keyboard...

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (04/03/89)

In article <853@orbit.UUCP> pj@pnet51.cts.com (Paul Jacoby) writes:
>Fred, ResEdit 1.2b3 has been unable to play 'snd 's on ANY machine for it's
>entire lifespan.  Haven't heard anyone who said it does work.
> Note that ResEdit 1.3d1 has been spotted locally--appears to enable the sound
>playing abilities, as well as add some new pickers.  Interesting...

Well, it works on the Mac II's here.  I'm playing a sound right now
(hear it? :).  What Mac do you have?  Anyway, I've been told 1.3d1
fixes the problems with the SE/30.

peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) (04/05/89)

In article <853@orbit.UUCP> pj@pnet51.cts.com (Paul Jacoby) writes:
>Fred, ResEdit 1.2b3 has been unable to play 'snd 's on ANY machine for it's
>entire lifespan.  Haven't heard anyone who said it does work.

I swear I've seen ResEdit play SND resource.  I fact, it did just now!  This
was 1.2b3 on a Mac II system 6.03. Of course, it doesn't seem to play _ALL_
SND resources...

Claris Corp. | Michael R. Peirce
             | 440 Clyde Avenue
             | Mountain View, CA 94043
             | (415) 960-4011
             | MCI-Mail:  mpeirce
             | AppleLink: peirce1
             | Internet:  peirce@claris.com
             | uucp:      {ames,decwrl,apple,sun}claris!peirce
:w