[comp.sys.mac] Recommendations on SE Acclerator boards

grae@murdu.oz (Graeme Gerrard) (04/06/89)

A friend of mine will be visiting the U.S. in a couple of months
and wants to know about availability of boards to upgrade his
SE to a 68030 and expand his memory as well.

As I understand it, there are boards available to increase
speed and compute power of the SE.

Perhaps Apple will have an upgrade board available (SE->SE30?)
in the next couple of months??

Can anyone with some experience with these boards offer some
suggestions.

Graeme Gerrard
Faculty of Music
University of Melbourne
ARPANET: grae@murdu.oz.au

mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (04/07/89)

In article <1605@murdu.oz>, grae@murdu.oz (Graeme Gerrard) writes:

> Perhaps Apple will have an upgrade board available (SE->SE30?)
> in the next couple of months??
> suggestions.
>
> Graeme Gerrard

Here are two lines that I extracted from the latest Apple product shipping
delay sheets:

M0289LL/A   MAC SE 030 L/BD UPGRADE        6 WK
M0713       MAC SE 030 LOGIC BD UPGRADE    4 WK

The 4-week and 6-week delays are for orders that are processed out of
Chicago.  The first field is the part number.  So the SE to SE/30 upgrade
kit is shipping.

Now I have a question for you:  Which one of these is the actual upgrade?
The descriptions are the same, the part numbers are different, and the
shipping delays out of the same location are different.  Maybe someone out
there can tell us.  (I don't have a copy of the product descriptions handy
right now, so I can't check myself.)

-Michael

--
Michael Niehaus        UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mithomas
Apple Student Rep      ARPA:  mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu