[comp.sys.mac] Suggested addition to Moire screen saver

paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Saiid Paryavi) (03/31/89)

Wouldn't it be nice if Moire or some other screen saver could play a sound
file when it went into screen saving mode?

--
Saiid Paryavi                      			Computer Science Dept.
Internet:  paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu			Nichols Hall

nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (04/03/89)

In article <1477@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Saiid Paryavi) writes:
>Wouldn't it be nice if Moire or some other screen saver could play a sound
>file when it went into screen saving mode?

Nope.

>Saiid Paryavi                      			Computer Science Dept.

	Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcvax!ukc!lfcs!nick

tjc@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Anthony Cunningham) (04/03/89)

In article <1677@etive.ed.ac.uk> nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) writes:
>In article <1477@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Saiid Paryavi) writes:
>>Wouldn't it be nice if Moire or some other screen saver could play a sound
>>file when it went into screen saving mode?
>
>Nope.

	Note the original post only said could. If it could be toggled in the
control panel then I don't see why it shouldn't be incorporated in the
CDEV. The only problem I can see is that it would increase the size of the
CDEV. Then of course those who don't want to play sounds could keep to
the old version.
	Would it be posible to place an event on the event queue that
would trigger the operation of another CDEV like soundmaster? If so this
would keep the amount of code needed to a very small amount.
		Tony
Anthony Cunningham, Sparse Vector Processor Project, Edinburgh University
      JANET: tjc@uk.ac.ed.ecsvax  ARPA: tjc%ed.ecsvax@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
                  UUCP: ...!uunet!mcvax!ukc!ecsvxa!tjc
                 "I think of Sarah. The rest is easy."

jkjl@.cs.mu.oz (John Lim) (04/04/89)

In article <1677@etive.ed.ac.uk% nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) writes:
%In article <1477@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Saiid Paryavi) writes:
%>Wouldn't it be nice if Moire or some other screen saver could play a sound
%>file when it went into screen saving mode?
%
%Nope.
%
%>Saiid Paryavi                      			Computer Science Dept.
%
I positively 100% agree.

	john lim
	author of moire

carl@aoa.UUCP (Carl Witthoft) (04/07/89)

In article <1477@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Saiid Paryavi) writes:
>Wouldn't it be nice if Moire or some other screen saver could play a sound
>file when it went into screen saving mode?
Well, no, actually... this would be real obnoxious in an open-office
environment.
But, if you want it, why not get something like MacCD or whatever it
was called, which plays sound files in the background, and hack it into
any screen saver output?

>--
>Saiid Paryavi                      			Computer Science Dept.
>Internet:  paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu			Nichols Hall
>BITNET:    paryavi@ksuvax1.bitnet			Kansas State University
>UUCP:      {rutgers, texbell}!ksuvax1!harry!paryavi	Manhattan, KS  66506

--

Alix' Dad ( Carl Witthoft @ Adaptive Optics Associates)
" Axis-navigo, ergo sum."