[comp.sys.mac] Hard Disk and AUX AND MacOs

jcl@uw-apl.UUCP (Jim Luby) (04/08/89)

I am interested in partitioning a 140Mbyte hard disk such that part
of the disk space holds AUX and the remaining disk space holds the
standard Macintosh operating system.  Ultimately I would like to be
able to power up the machine (Mac II with a PMMU) and choose between
the two operating systems.  Anybody tried this or aware of a
product that supports this concept?  All information appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
						Jim Luby
						Applied Physics Lab
						U. of Washington

austing@Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) (04/08/89)

In article <224@uw-apl.UUCP> jcl@uw-apl.UUCP (Jim Luby) writes:
>I am interested in partitioning a 140Mbyte hard disk such that part
>of the disk space holds AUX and the remaining disk space holds the
>standard Macintosh operating system.  Ultimately I would like to be
>able to power up the machine (Mac II with a PMMU) and choose between
>the two operating systems.  Anybody tried this or aware of a
>product that supports this concept?  All information appreciated.
>Thanks in advance!

The standard HDSCSetup program allows you to set up the partitions. Press
the Partition button and then you can set your Mac (and A/UX) partitions
any way you want!

| Glenn L. Austin             | The nice thing about standards is that      |
| Apple Computer, Inc.        | there are so many of them to choose from.   |
| Internet: austing@apple.com |       -Andrew S. Tanenbaum                  |
| All opinions stated above are mine -- who else would want them?           |

kaufman@polya.Stanford.EDU (Marc T. Kaufman) (04/08/89)

In article <224@uw-apl.UUCP> jcl@uw-apl.UUCP (Jim Luby) writes:
>I am interested in partitioning a 140Mbyte hard disk such that part
>of the disk space holds AUX and the remaining disk space holds the
>standard Macintosh operating system.  Ultimately I would like to be
>able to power up the machine (Mac II with a PMMU) and choose between
>the two operating systems.  Anybody tried this or aware of a
>product that supports this concept?  All information appreciated.

SuperMac's disks do, with the 4.0 or later manager.

Marc Kaufman (kaufman@polya.stanford.edu)