[comp.sys.mac] Avatex Modems?

mark@intek01.UUCP (Mark McWiggins) (04/01/89)

Anybody using the Avatex AVX-2400 (external 2400 bps) modem successfully
with the Mac II?  If not, do you have another recommendation?

Please reply by e-mail, and if there's sufficient interest I'll
summarize for the net.  Thanks in advance.

km@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU (Ken Mitchum) (04/07/89)

We are using several Avatex 2400 modems with all varieties of Macs.
There are no problems attributable to the modems.

mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu (Mike McCann) (04/09/89)

In article <2645@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU>, km@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU (Ken Mitchum) writes:
> We are using several Avatex 2400 modems with all varieties of Macs.
> There are no problems attributable to the modems.

My department recently purchased two Avatex 2400 modems for use with
microcomputers and both died and had to be sent back.   One after little
use (1-2 weeks) failed to power up.  The other fails to connect at 2400
baud.

I was told by a friend not to purchase Avatex but I didnt listen...now I
wish I had.

--
Mike McCann       (803) 656-3714   Internet = mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu
Poole Computer Center (Box P-21)       UUCP = gatech!hubcap!mmccann