[comp.sys.mac] Have too much money? Read on...

mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (04/07/89)

For those of you who have more money than you know what to do with (after
buying a Mac of course), here is a product that you may be interested in.
Personally, I think this is humorous, but never knock down a capitalist at
work...

AppleLink press release follows:

Painted Mac Plus and SE Cases For Sale

Company Name: AESTHETICS TECHNOLOGY, PALO ALTO
Product(s) Name: PAINTED MAC CASES
Suggested Retail Price:         $500+
Special or Discount Price:      $100+

Is product available now?:      YES
Offer Begins:                   APRIL 1, 1989
Offer Ends:                     MAY 31, 1989

Offer Description: There is only one company that paints Macs--don't be
fooled by poor quality imitations! I have a limited number of SE and Plus
cases available, from granite or black to woodgrain or marble. These cases
are available on an EXCHANGE BASIS ONLY: you pay me to ship the painted case
to you, then you swap the case with your own and send the old case back to me.
All work is guaranteed. Prices below include keyboard and mouse:

                            PLUS             SE
        BLACK               $100            $400
        GRANITE             $150            $900
        TEAL                $100            $300
        LIGHT BLUE                          $200
        PINK                                $100
        RED                                 $500
        SKY BLUE            $100            $300
        WOODGRAIN                           $1200

I also do custom work (Mac II, peripherals, etc) and am interested in trading
for equipment. Tell me what you want and make me an offer. I also do consulting
in this area. Marble Mac SE cases start at $1400. References available.

To order the product(s) or to obtain more information, please contact:

Name:                   Dave Siegel
Company:                aesthetics technology
Address:                365 Forest Ave #4E
City, State, Zip:       Palo Alto, CA  94301
Phone:                  415/326-3936
AppleLink Address:      D2373

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
This information is provided to the Developer Services group at Apple Computer
by the product's developer.  Apple cannot warrant any third party's product.
Please consult the Apple Products Library or MENU/Software Library on
AppleLink, or contact the individual company for further information.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

--
Michael Niehaus        UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mithomas
Apple Student Rep      ARPA:  mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (04/07/89)

In article <6585@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) writes:
>For those of you who have more money than you know what to do with (after
>buying a Mac of course), here is a product that you may be interested in.
(stuff deleted)
>Painted Mac Plus and SE Cases For Sale
>
>Company Name: AESTHETICS TECHNOLOGY, PALO ALTO
>
>Offer Description: There is only one company that paints Macs--don't be
>fooled by poor quality imitations! I have a limited number of SE and Plus
>cases available, from granite or black to woodgrain or marble.
(more stuff deleted)

Actually, this guy's work is really terrific, if you haven't seen examples
of it at MacWorld Expos and such events.  I'm not sure *I* would spend
$500 or more for a granite/marble/woodgrain/PopArt Mac case, but there
are those who do (J.L. Gassee, for one, according to reports).  Highly
recommended for those who already have their IIcx's and are looking for
something a little different...

Disclaimer: I'm in no way connected with Aesthetics Technology nor do
I even own one of their nifty cases, but the more I think about it...

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarnet            |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709                                         |  |
(415) 549-2684                                              |  |

tecot@Apple.COM (Ed Tecot) (04/10/89)

In article <22728@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) writes:
>Actually, this guy's work is really terrific, if you haven't seen examples
>of it at MacWorld Expos and such events.  I'm not sure *I* would spend
>$500 or more for a granite/marble/woodgrain/PopArt Mac case, but there
>are those who do (J.L. Gassee, for one, according to reports).  Highly
>recommended for those who already have their IIcx's and are looking for
>something a little different...

This is true (my office was across the hall from JLG for a year and a half)
As far as I know, he has a granite one and for a while there was also a
really cool Mac Plus that had what would be best described as floating
jellybeans (they were painted with shadows).

When I get rich and famous, it's one of the first things I'll get (after a
house and a cool car and...)

						_emt