[comp.sys.mac] Info wanted on mailing label software for the Macintosh

jayc@hubcap.clemson.edu (Jay Crawford) (03/28/89)

I'm looking for information on software for the Mac that will sort (by carrier)
and print mailing labels.  I have several thousand addresses to sort, so it's
important that they are sorted by the carrier so I can get the presorted
postal rate.  Any information anyone can mail me would be most appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
--
Jay Crawford                            Internet: jayc@hubcap.clemson.edu
50 New Cherry Street                    BITNET:   jayc@clemson

mnkonar@gorby.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (04/01/89)

In article <4928@hubcap.clemson.edu> jayc@hubcap.clemson.edu (Jay Crawford) writes:
>I'm looking for information on software for the Mac that will sort (by carrier)
>and print mailing labels.  I have several thousand addresses to sort, so it's
>important that they are sorted by the carrier so I can get the presorted
>postal rate.  Any information anyone can mail me would be most appreciated!
>Thanks in advance.

Me too.

Thanks

>--
Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)

KEITH_HAYDEN_SHERRY@cup.portal.com (04/10/89)

In article <4928@hubcap.clemson.edu> jayc@hubcap.clemson.edu (Jay C.) writes
>I'm looking for information on software for the Mac that will sort,by carrier
>and print mailing labels.  I have several thousand addresses to sort, so it's
>important that they are sorted by the carrier so I can get the presorted
>postal rate.  Any information anyone can mail me would be most appreciated!
>Thanks in advance.

My only experience in this area is using Hypercard as a database for a few
hundred addresses and then sorting and printing the mailing labels with
a program called Reports from Mediagenics, formerly Activision.  Reports does
multiple sorts and prints out in just about any format you can specify,
including mailing labels.  There's also a BBS available for on line support.
I don't know if this will solve your problem but it might be worth taking a
look at, especially if you use Hypercard to store your data.  KHS.

Keith Sherry---------------------------KEITH_HAYDEN_SHERRY@cup.portal.com
                                       GEnie:  K.SHERRY
                                       DELPHI:  KEITHCATH