[comp.sys.mac] Falcon on a Mac IIx

KEITH_HAYDEN_SHERRY@cup.portal.com (04/10/89)

Jeff Meyer <moriarty@tc.fluke.COM> writes:

>A friend of mine got a note from someone at Spectrum Holobyte, noting the
>awful flicker when it runs on the SEx (aka SE/30).  They don't have an SE/30
>in the office yet, and suspect that it might be a difference between the
>frame rate of the SE/30 and the SE and Plus.

Does anyone know of an upgrade of Falcon which runs on a 68030 based machine?
Every time I try to run it on my Mac IIx, it crashes.  It won't even load
properly unless I turn color off and put the screen in monochrome mode.  Even
then, and with the SLOW DOWN selection designed for the 68020, the bird moves
way too fast to control, and eventually the system bombs in a big way.  I'll
admit its pretty exhilirating for the few seconds it works, but that's all it
ever lasts.  Falcon is one of the best games/diversions/simulators/whatever
on the Mac and could be even better in color.  I hope something is in the
works; in the meantime I'll be doing Mach 50 or so.
KEITH_HAYDEN_SHERRY@cup.portal.com