[comp.sys.mac] Using BinHex to un-Binhex files downloaded from comp.binari

KEITH_HAYDEN_SHERRY@cup.portal.com (04/10/89)

John O'Malley <ajq@mace.cc.purdue.edu> writes:

>Find a copy of the latest StuffIt.  I believe the latest version is 1.5.1.
>(If you see a version 2.0, do NOT use it.  Rumors are that some nasty
>person somewhere, not the legit StuffIt author, created a bogus program
>calling it StuffIt 2.0.  It may be virus-infected.)  StuffIt can actually
>do the whole process:  unBinHex a file, unpack a file, and/or unstuff a file.

What I'd like to know is how to manage files that are downloaded in parts.  So
far I've been stripping out the excess text in between them and combining them
into one big file prior to decoding and unstuffing them.  Is there a way to
avoid this tedious and data compromising task from within Stuffit?

KEITH_HAYDEN_SHERRY@cup.portal.com