[comp.sys.mac] And now for something completely different: can't get Python sounds

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (04/11/89)

In the "sound" directory on Sumex, I see a listing called
"monty-python-various".  It has no .hqx suffix, so I assumed it was a
directory.

But I get: 550 monty-python-various: Not a directory.

So it's not that.  OK, maybe it's a file.  But when I try to FTP it, I get:
550 monty-python-various: Permission denied.

Does anyone know what the deal is here?  Are there Monty Python sounds there
that we can't access?  Or does one need a Liscence from the Ministry of
Housinge to get access permission? :->

Robert
------
ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
------
generic disclaimer: all my opinions are mine

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (04/11/89)

Someone e-mailed me the sounds and suggested that maybe the file was just busy,
so maybe that was it.

Robert
------

lipa@polya.Stanford.EDU (William J. Lipa) (04/11/89)

In article <2670@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>In the "sound" directory on Sumex, I see a listing called
>"monty-python-various".  It has no .hqx suffix, so I assumed it was a
>directory.

Actually, that was a file which I had forgotten to finish processing. It
should be OK now.

Bill Lipa
Info-Mac