[comp.sys.mac] PD Hosts?

bing@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Ralph Bingham Iii) (04/11/89)

Hello.

I need some information about good public domain or shareware BBS Host systems
for the Mac. I would be running it on a MacPlus, so memory should not be a
problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

lauac@mead.qal.berkeley.edu (Alexander Lau) (04/11/89)

In article <3294@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> bing@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Ralph Bingham Iii) writes:
>Hello.
>
>I need some information about good public domain or shareware BBS Host systems
>for the Mac. I would be running it on a MacPlus, so memory should not be a
>problem. Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks!

An easy-to-set-up BBS system is the HyperBBS, by Harry Chesley of Apple.
It's completely free, but kinda slow.

There's also WWIV/Mac, Red Ryder Host and Mansion.  These cost money.

Hope this answers your question.  HyperBBS is available on BMUG's
Hyper Utilities 11 ($4), WWIV is available on BMUG's Telecom 3 disk set
(2 disks for $8), and the other two are available from their respective
authors.

--- Alex
UUCP: {att,backbones}!ucbvax!qal.berkeley.edu!lauac
INTERNET: lauac%qal.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
FIDONET: Alex.Lau@bmug.fidonet.org (1:161/444)