[comp.sys.mac] Virus Detective string help needed

lauac@mead.qal.berkeley.edu (Alexander Lau) (04/11/89)

Someone earlier posted some strings to search for with Virus Detective
in order to find Scores in a System file.  Could someone repost or
e-mail the information to me?  I just upgraded my Virus Detective to
2.2.1 for evaluation (getting rid of my earlier versions), and I lost
the extra search string information that I added.

Thanks in advance...I'll post the info if no one else does...

--- Alex
UUCP: {att,backbones}!ucbvax!qal.berkeley.edu!lauac
INTERNET: lauac%qal.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

jalden@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Joshua M. Alden) (04/11/89)

In article <22875@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> lauac@mead.qal.berkeley.edu (Alexander Lau) writes:
>Someone earlier posted some strings to search for with Virus Detective
>in order to find Scores in a System file.  Could someone repost or
>e-mail the information to me?  I just upgraded my Virus Detective to
>2.2.1 for evaluation (getting rid of my earlier versions), and I lost
>the extra search string information that I added.
>
>Thanks in advance...I'll post the info if no one else does...
>
>--- Alex
>UUCP: {att,backbones}!ucbvax!qal.berkeley.edu!lauac
>INTERNET: lauac%qal.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

Alex -

    Here are the replies I got to my earlier post:

  The following search strings should be added to Virus Detective
  to find Scores infected systems:
  	INIT Dual 6 772
  	INIT Dual 10 1020
  	INIT Dual 17 480
  	atpl Dual 128 2410
  	DATA Dual -4001 7026
  I got these from the configuration resource of RWatcher.

  Z. Fiedorowicz

In article <12792@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> jalden@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Joshua M. Alden) writes:

  Try DATA Dual -4001 7026 - For finding Scores in System files

  -- Danny Schwendener
     ETH Macintosh Support

                                          -Josh Alden
                                            Joshua.Alden@dartmouth.edu