[comp.sys.mac] Postscript files from PM

mblakele@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Michael Blakeley) (04/11/89)

	Has anyone using Pagemaker had trouble making Postscript files?
I've been using standard procedure, command-F after clicking OK in the
print dialog box, and all I can get is the Looking for Laserwriter
box.  I've also tried f,k,m, and command and shift variations thereupon.
System: Mac II, 2 meg, 40 meg Apple internal, system 6.0.2.
	Can anyone give me a clue?
						-- tad
--
W 		       "Rident Stolidi Verba Latina"			     S
I  		        e-mail and random flames to:                         T

lauac@mead.qal.berkeley.edu (Alexander Lau) (04/11/89)

In article <816@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> mblakele@jarthur.UUCP (Michael Blakeley) writes:

>	Has anyone using Pagemaker had trouble making Postscript files?
>I've been using standard procedure, command-F after clicking OK in the
>print dialog box, and all I can get is the Looking for Laserwriter
>box.  I've also tried f,k,m, and command and shift variations thereupon.
>System: Mac II, 2 meg, 40 meg Apple internal, system 6.0.2.
>	Can anyone give me a clue?
>						-- tad

Which version of PageMaker?  If you're using PageMaker 3, then hold
down option when you click on the "OK" button in the "Print" dialog
box, and you'll get a second dialog box for printing to disk and
other stuff.  RTFM for more details...

--- Alex
UUCP: {att,backbones}!ucbvax!qal.berkeley.edu!lauac
INTERNET: lauac%qal.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
FIDONET: Alex.Lau@bmug.fidonet.org (1:161/444)

mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (04/12/89)

In article <816@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, mblakele@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Michael Blakeley) writes:

> 	Has anyone using Pagemaker had trouble making Postscript files?
> I've been using standard procedure, command-F after clicking OK in the
> print dialog box, and all I can get is the Looking for Laserwriter
> box.  I've also tried f,k,m, and command and shift variations thereupon.
> System: Mac II, 2 meg, 40 meg Apple internal, system 6.0.2.
> 	Can anyone give me a clue?
> 						-- tad

My guess would be that the Aldus printer driver that PageMaker uses is
causing this problem.  Try holding down the option key when you choose
Print... from the File menu.  This will get you the standard Apple print
dialogs.  Then, after you click OK to start printing, press the F key.

I haven't tried this, but it should work (in theory).

-Michael

--
Michael Niehaus        UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mithomas
Apple Student Rep      ARPA:  mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu