[comp.sys.mac] Pascal for Mac II

lauzon@ai.toronto.edu (David Lauzon) (04/11/89)

I'm looking for a (serious) Pascal compiler for the Machintosh II. Turbo
Pascal is inadequate because of its limitations. For instance, Turbo Pascal
only allocates 32 K bytes for variables.

I need a compiler that can handle over 50,000 lines of code and allow the
variable size to exceed 500 K bytes. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

                                              - David Lauzon.

md32+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Joseph Darweesh) (04/12/89)

Lightspeed Pascal is very very good.  It uses the Macintsosh interface very well
and is a very good Pascal compiler as well.
It's published by Think Technologies.

The Weesh
(Mike Darweesh)
md32@andrew.cmu.edu
md32@andrew.bitnet
...!{harvard,ucbvax}!andrew.cmu.edu!md32

bob@accuvax.nwu.edu (Bob Hablutzel) (04/12/89)

> I'm looking for a (serious) Pascal compiler for the Machintosh II. Turbo
> Pascal is inadequate because of its limitations. For instance, Turbo Pascal
> only allocates 32 K bytes for variables.

> I need a compiler that can handle over 50,000 lines of code and allow the
> variable size to exceed 500 K bytes. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

>                                            - David Lauzon.

Take a look at MPW Pascal V3.0. I think it does everything you need.

Bob Hablutzel	Wildwood Software	BOB@NUACC.ACNS.NWU.EDU

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (04/12/89)

In article <kYEff8y00UkbE0Yl5q@andrew.cmu.edu> md32+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Joseph Darweesh) writes:
>Lightspeed Pascal is very very good.  It uses the Macintsosh interface very well
>and is a very good Pascal compiler as well.
>It's published by Think Technologies.

	You may find that your larger source files will have to be
broken up, and that you'll need an alternative architecture for dealing
with large amounts of global data [this is a topic that's been discussed here
before].

	Lightspeed Pascal is a product of Symantec Corporation, and is
available through most major mail-order houses. Be sure you're getting
version 2.0....

R.

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 "She told me to make myself comfortable, so I pulled down my pants
 and sat in the pudding." -Emo Phillips