[comp.sys.mac] TeX for the Mac

mjlarsen@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Michael J. Larsen) (02/09/88)

I am planning to buy some kind of TeX for the Mac.  I know of two
versions: MacTeX and TeXtures.  Does anyone have experiences with either
or both to share?  Are there other versions available?  Please respond
by mail and I wil summarize to the net.

						-Michael Larsen

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (04/14/89)

In article <23031@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> steve@violet.berkeley.edu (Steve Goldfield) writes:
[...]
>He also told me about TeX on the Mac, which he thought was
>called MacTeX. I phoned a Mac store and 800 Software and
>neither could direct me to it. Apparently, MacUser ran a
>story on TeX on the Mac some time ago. If anyone out there
>knows how to track down such programs, I'd appreciate the
>information.
>
>Steve Goldfield

There are two (commercial) implementations of TeX that are available.
One is MacTeX, the other one is TeXtures by Blue Sky Research (call
toll-free information about phone number). There have been rumors
about a public domain TeX for the Mac, but I have not seen a working
version.

Edgar Knapp

(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)