[comp.sys.mac] Dividing Files

cc1@valhalla.cs.ucla.edu (Michael Caine) (04/15/89)

Is there any probram out that can divide programs that have been merged inot
one big mega-file so that I can do a global download with kermit and not have
to repeatedly type in the kermit command.

Thank You.

* Michael G. Caine                    "Captain, there is a Romulan vessel     *
* cc1@valhalla.ucla.edu                    aproximately 3.982133432 light-    *
* UCLA Computer Club                       minutes from my finger."           *
* 3514 Boelter Hall                    "Fire a full photon spread."           *
* Los Angeles, CA 90024                "I'm sorry Dave, but I can't do that." *
* Disclaimer:  Hell and Blood!  I certainly hope UCLA can afford to get       *
*               	a better spokesman then me!                           *

dce@Solbourne.COM (David Elliott) (04/16/89)

In article <22994@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> cc1@cs.ucla.edu (Michael Caine) writes:
>Is there any probram out that can divide programs that have been merged inot
>one big mega-file so that I can do a global download with kermit and not have
>to repeatedly type in the kermit command.

There is a Mac version of tar, but it doesn't understand MacBinary format.
If you are sending BinHex or other text files across, tar works great.
If not, you might want to switch to zterm and sz (actually, I've
had lots of trouble with zterm quitting after transferring files, and
it doesn't really do well on color screens).

Maybe the author of Mac tar is listening and will add this capability?

--
David Elliott		dce@Solbourne.COM
			...!{boulder,nbires,sun}!stan!dce